Our properties regularly transform into thrilling outdoor classrooms, with hands-on education dedicated to protecting threatened species.
Partnering with Wonder of Science, we provide immersive STEM experiences on our unique properties.
- Annual Year 6 Camp Koala at Aroona Station, our working cattle property in Southeast Queensland.
- The unforgettable Flatback Turtle Bivouac (camp) at Avoid Island.
- Deliver on your school’s environmental and sustainability commitment and STEM focus.
- Offer interactive STEM experiences: to build engagement and discovery.
- Access real life, outdoor classrooms and learning experiences.
- Foster ‘citizen science’ and ‘citizens of the future’ – an aware population actively engaged in biodiversity and nature protection.
See the Camp Koala Video
Watch Adventure to Avoid Island on Totally Wild.
Want an unforgettable learning experience?
Talk to us about how your students or school can be involved.
Action & Insight
Aroona Station features around 200 hectares of core habitat for the vulnerable brush-tailed rock-wallaby. In 2020, as part of our ongoing research into these unique Aroona residents, we completed our third year of breeding season monitoring programs using motion-sensitive wildlife cameras strategically positioned in known brush-tailed rock-wallaby hang outs. The monitoring program again showed Aroona […]
Mysterious and majestic, flatback turtles are the only sea turtle to nest solely on Australian shores and Avoid Island is one of four island rookeries favoured by the turtle’s southern population. In 2020: More than 108 turtles had nested on the island at the start of the October to December 2020 nesting season, laying an […]
In December 2020, QTFN and its project partners, Koinmerburra Aboriginal Corporation and Mackay and District Turtle Watch, were awarded a $200,000 grant from the Great Barrier Reef Foundation Reef Islands Initiative. The grant provides funding for the joint delivery of land management, education and threatened species research outcomes over a four-year period, and a part-time […]