Last year, the QTFN team did a competition of who can use the least amount of plastic through out the month of June, 2019. We had a tally on the wall and every bit of plastic we used we’d add a strike.
The time has come again to go plastic free for the month of July. We will be setting up a new tally on our wall for each staff member to keep track of their plastic usage.
Will you join us?
Here are some quick facts about plastic:
– It takes about 450 years for just one plastic bottle to breakdown, when it’s ‘broken down’ it will consist of tiny plastic pieces called micro plastic.
– Almost every piece of plastic ever made still exists today.
– An estimated 13 billion plastic bottles are disposed of each year.
– On average Australians use 130kg of plastic per person each year. Only 12% of that’s recycled.
What can you do to reduce your plastic usage?
1. Say NO to plastic straws
2. Don’t buy plastic water bottles
3. Try a bamboo toothbrush instead of a plastic one
4. Buy coffee from coffee shops that allow you to BYO cup
5. Start purchasing re-usable products